Monday, June 27, 2011

How I Got Here

I have over 10 years of experience in planning, organizing and coordinating large and small scale events. I am the owner and operator of Smith & Co. Planning, primarily focusing on wedding planning, but enjoy all sorts of events. My blog maybe new and the company was officially established January 1st 2010, but I promise expertise. I have experience in all aspects of event planning. From budgeting, scheduling, procuring accommodations and selecting vendors to execution (crew management, on-site vendor management, client interaction, set-up and tear-down).

I also hold both a Master and a Bachelors of Science in marine biology. Many people are confused in how marine biology translated into event planning, but both are dynamic, fast paced, stimulating environments that allow you to travel. Both require you to think on your feet and work with a diverse group of people.

Smith and Co. Planning came to be during my own wedding planning when I realized that thinking analytically helps more than the bride/host get organized. I developed my particular planning style that combines both my creativity and my organizational skills. I have a proven system of success and if you can fill out a worksheet, I can plan your event. Happy planning hope to hear from you soon!
~Stacie Smith
SmithCoPlanning@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. excited for this new venture of yours! you go girl! your wedding was excellently planned, any bride would be lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete